Refer a friend
Receive $25 credit when you refer a friend
Your full name and phone number will be shared with your friend for them to refer you in-center
At Sojo, we are dedicated to making sure you receive the very best waxing experience. We understand that you want it done right and with expertise, which is why we only hire highly experienced senior waxers who have had a minimum of 2 years in the waxing industry. Our talented team of professionals will provide you with an amazing end-result every time. From Brazilian bikini to eyebrow waxing, we can ensure you’ll leave with incredibly smooth skin that will last. Our passion for the perfect wax is what sets us apart from all the rest.
Before you WAX
Waxing is a popular option for keeping your skin smooth for weeks. To make sure you’re ready for your next waxing appointment at SOJO, here is the best way to prepare.
1. MEASURE UP – The ideal length for hair is approx 1/4″ or 6mm. Still unsure? No biggie, we’ll gladly trim you up before your wax. For all you shavers, make sure to come at least 2 weeks after breaking up with the razor.
2. CLEAN HOUSE –Take a warm shower before your appointment to help open your pores. Put the loofah into play to help smooth your skin and prevent ingrown hairs.
3. BE PROACTIVE – We aim for more of an “aw” than “ow” experience. Try popping an aspirin or applying numbing cream 30 minutes before your wax. This will minimise involuntary yips and yelps.
4. BODY SCAN – Give yourself a once over before you book to ensure your skin is free from cuts, scrapes, moles, skin tags and cold sores. Trust us it’s better then finding out the hard way.
After you WAX
Please follow these waxing tips to minimise irritation and possible discomfort:
1. TAKE CARE – Taking the time to exfoliate and moisturise regularly is the key to keeping your skin smooth, soft and free of irritation.
2. COOL OFF – Steer clear of prolonged exposure of heat – including saunas, steam rooms, sun bathing, as well as intense exercise for 24 hours after your wax.
3. DITCH THE RAZOR – We recommend never shaving in between appointments. Razors will throw off your natural hair regrowth and cause the hair to grow back coarse.
4. EMBRACE NATURE – We advise keeping your freshly waxed areas clean and free of products, including lotions, gels, deodorant and perfumes until the following day to avoid any irritation.
A minimum of 1cm/1/4″ long – or make your appointment 3 weeks after your last shave.
Each person varies some 3 weeks some longer, but we recommend regular waxing appointments every 4 weeks. It all depends on how smooth and hair free you want to when you can be free for up to 4 weeks!!!
The back and chest are areas that commonly break out after waxing. If you have a tendency to have a reaction from shaving then you are more likely to have the same reactions to waxing. Using the correct home care and having regular waxing on these areas will minimize reactions.
SOJO staff are highly trained in all areas of waxing. Knowing how not to bruise and tear your skin comes with experience and using the right product to get the best results.
If you have a contagious skin condition you will have to wait till it has completely cleared up. If you are using Roaccutane you must wait for 6 months after you have finished your medication. We cannot remove hair from areas that have been treated with steroid cream Retin-A, Differin or other retinoid acne products within the last 3 months.
Any waxing including brazilian during your pregnancy is perfectly normal and not harmful to you or your baby. SOJO staff has waxed many expectant mothers throughout their pregnancy right up to their due date, so you are in highly experienced hands.
Please shower if possible. If you are coming straight from work then freshen up wipes are provided if needed.